1.1 Your right to privacy is important to us. The following terms are provided to explain how we collect and use information about you so that you can make an informed choice about using the Website.
1.2 Data protection
- 1.2.1 THE MESSAGE GROUP is keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the products and services it provides, while ensuring that it complies with all protection the Australian Privacy Act of 1988 ('the Act') affords to you. THE MESSAGE GROUP will hold your personal data securely in accordance with the Act.
- 1.2.2 The main purpose of the Act is to contain the possible threat to individuals from the misuse of personal data relating to them held in manual records or on computing equipment. THE MESSAGE GROUP complies with all requirements of the law on protection of personal data held on computer or in manual records.
1.3 Collection and use of personal data
- 1.3.1 Personal data is not stored nor captured through the Website without the prior knowledge and consent of Users. Where personal information is captured (eg through web-based forms for feedback, registration, requests, etc), the User will be informed as to what personal information is being collected and for what purpose(s) it will be used.
- 1.3.2 Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is still used for the purpose stated when originally requested.
- 1.3.3 THE MESSAGE GROUP is keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from the products and services it provides, while ensuring that it complies with all protection the Australian Privacy Act of 1988 ('the Act') affords to you. THE MESSAGE GROUP will hold your personal data securely in accordance with the Act, under which it is fully registered.
- 1.3.4 Should you request that we amend or suppress records containing your personal data, we will endeavour to do so as promptly as practical. However, you may receive communications for a transitional period while we process your records.
- 1.3.5 The Act gives you the right to see the personal information THE MESSAGE GROUP holds on you. Please see Data protection for more information.
- 1.4.3 You can find out more about cookies, their use, and how you can remove them by going to the Interactive Advertising Bureau website All About Cookies or Cookiecentral.com. You should note that if a User sets up his or her browser to reject the cookie, he or she may still use the Website, although functionality may be impaired.
1.5 Log files
- 1.5.1 Continuous logs are kept of requests received by the Website's web servers as it is accessed. These logs are used to analyse usage of the Website.
- 1.5.2 Logs are maintained both by THE MESSAGE GROUP and third parties contracted by THE MESSAGE GROUP - Webtrends and Google Inc. ("Google") - who specialise in monitoring and analysing website usage (see paragraphs 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 for more information). We use Google Analytics to analyse use of the Website (see paragraph 1.5.5 below).
- 1.5.3 Each log entry includes the internet protocol (IP) address of the client used (typically, though not necessarily, the IP address of the personal computer (PC) used), the type of client used (typically, though not necessarily, the type and version of web browser used), the URL of the page (or object) requested, the URL of the previous page (or object) requested (known as the 'referrer' and could relate to this Website or another), and the reference number stored in a cookie created by the Website (if one exists). THE MESSAGE GROUP logs additionally contain the username used to access restricted areas of the Website. This username is not collected by nor shared with Webtrends or Google Inc.
- 1.5.4 Webtrends may convert your IP address into anonymous statistical information but this will not affect your privacy. If you would like to receive more information on Webtrends, and the kind of information that it collects and processes, we refer you to Webtrends's website (see http://www.Webtrends.com/)).